‘Pusher’ falls in buy-bust

first_imgThe suspect was detained in thecustodial facility of the Bago City police station, facing charges forviolation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of2002./PN When frisked, Teodoro yielded six moresachets of suspected illegal drugs. The 46-year-old Jake Teodoro was nabbedin a drug buy-bust operation in Barangay Poblacion, Bago City, NegrosOccidental, a police report showed.Teodoro – resident of the village – was nabbed after he sold a sachet ofsuspected shabu to an undercover cop for P500 around 1:30 p.m. on April 23, itadded.center_img BACOLOD City – He allegedly sold illegaldrugs, police said.last_img read more

Wilshere feels fans’ frustration

first_img The Emirates crowd were stunned as Paul Lambert’s men recovered from a goal down to take a 3-1 win away from London, once again calling Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger’s transfer policy into question. The Frenchman has long been implored to spend money on big-name players and, after more criticism had been directed his way, he said he was still looking to do so. Press Association Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere admitted he shared the frustrations of the club’s fans after their opening-day loss to Aston Villa.center_img A tricky week awaits the Gunners with a Champions League qualifier against Fenerbahce ahead of them, but Wilshere – while sympathising with the fans – has asked them to stand firm. “Tough to take! Feel the fans frustration but trust me we are giving our all! Must forget today now and focus on Wednesday night!” he wrote on Twitter. “Massive game for us, will be tough in turkey but we must be resilient and brave! Thanks for your support as always!” Christian Benteke scored twice for Villa after Olivier Giroud had put the home side ahead. Laurent Koscielny was also sent off on a miserable afternoon, capped when Antonio Luna put the seal on the visitors’ win. last_img read more

CCJ orders Cabinet must resign and call elections in 3 months

first_img…three months take effect from June 18, 2019The Caribbean Court of Justice moments ago handed down consequential orders stipulating that the Cabinet must resign and call elections within three months of its June 18, 2019 ruling that the no-confidence motion was validly passed.This, the CCJ said, is in accordance to Article 106 (6) and 106 (7) of the Constitution of Guyana.CCJ President Justice Adrian Saunders emphasised that GECOM and the President are obligated to “exercise their responsibilities with integrity”.He explained that since the passage of the no-confidence motion against the government on December 21, 2018, the government should have complied with the provisions of the Constitution, i.e. to resign and call elections.He said general elections should have already been held by March 21, 2019 unless there was an extension by the National Assembly.This, he noted, was not done. He explained that, after the passage, matters were on pause due to the legal action in the courts.But, he further explained that it was no longer on pause from June 18, 2019 – when the CCJ declared that the no-confidence motion was indeed validly passed.The CCJ therefore ruled that Article 106 (6) and 106 (7) is “clear” in what it means and that the government and GECOM must oblige.Emphasising that the Cabinet including the President should already be resigned, the CCJ further explained that the government is now in caretaker mode leading up to elections.“The tenure of government in office is on a different footing,” he said. “By convention government is expected to behave as a caretaker.”CCJ President,Justice Adrian Saunderslast_img read more