Brisbane riverfront home has massive 1.34ha green buffer zone

first_img17 Ningana Street Fig Tree Pocket Qld 4069. Source: Realestate.com.auIt also has a private pontoon, 6,000 bottle temperature controlled wine cellar, gym with sauna and shower, and large garden shed. 17 Ningana Street Fig Tree Pocket Qld 4069. Source: Realestate.com.auThe Fig Tree Pocket site is just 11 kilometres from the Brisbane CBD, and directly on the riverfront with its own full sized tennis court, resort style pool and a large five bedroom, five bathroom family home. 7 Curlew Camp Road Mosman NSW 2088. Source: Realestate.com.auIn comparison a f ive bedroom home in Mosman, Sydney, on the market for $7.5 million sits on 657sq m with pool, poolside terrace and harbour views. 17 Ningana Street, Fig Tree PocketA LUXURY riverfront home with its own 1.34 hectare green buffer zone is on the market for the same price as a five bedroom home in Mosman, Sydney. More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor7 hours ago17 Ningana Street Fig Tree Pocket Qld 4069. Source: Realestate.com.auThe 17 Ningana Street home in Brisbane’s Fig Tree Pocket is open to offers over $7 million, according to a listing by agents Simon Wheelans and Rachael Spinks.last_img read more

Sportech – £83 million sale of The Football Pools to be completed this June

first_img Share Share UK Tote gains international ‘commingling pool ecosystem’ with Sportech April 17, 2020 Related Articles Ian Hogg joins RPM Gaming as Chairman May 5, 2020 Updating investors, London-listed betting systems provider Sportech Plc has informed that it is on course to complete its sale of The Football Pools to London private equity firm OpCapita for £83 million.Sportech governance states that its will conclude the sale by the Football Pools by 8 June, with OpCapita special vehicle ‘FP Acquisitions Limited’ having been approved a betting operator licence by the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC).This morning, OpCapita released a statement confirming that all deal conditions had been satisfied“We are pleased to have secured licencing so that we are able to move forward with our plans for the Football Pools. We look forward to taking ownership of the business later next month,” OpCapita Founder & Chief Executive Henry JacksonIn its March corporate update informing investors of the sale, Sportech governance informed that funds raised from its Football Pools sales would be used to expand its growing US Racing & Digital division.Purchasing the Football Pools new owner OpCapita, will seek to revamp its industry legacy asset by broadening its audience and developing ‘new distribution channels and games’. Submit StumbleUpon Sportech highlights new client wins under lockdown June 26, 2020last_img read more

Kweku Baako questions Mahama Ayariga’s communications skills

first_imgEditor-in-chief of the New Crusading Guide Newspaper, Kweku Baako says the Sports Minister’s refusal to disclose the AFCON budget to the public dents the trust the public has in him.He said the Minister’s refusal to disclose the budget before the tournament and his blatant refusal to do so after the Black Star’s arrival in the country casts a slur on his credibility.Mr Ayariga told Peace FMs’ morning show host Kwame Sefa Kayi Wednesday morning that the only place he can disclose the budget was in Parliament or in a report to the Auditor General and that he is not answerable to him [Sefa Kayi].He said the information will be made available to the public once he has presented it to the appropriate authorities.However, Mr Pratt in commenting on the interview with the minister said “the quality of the minister’s communication is becoming questionable.”He said the minister could have used the opportunity to change people’s perception about the ministry especially after the Brazil World Cup fiasco. He indicated that the issue about how much was spent on the team for the tournament should not have degenerated into an argument because “announcing the budget whether it is from the Consolidated Fund or the GNPC, the very moment the money is released to the national team it becomes public funds.“Even if it is a private bank the moment it is released to the custody of the state, it becomes public funds and how it is managed is subject to the principle of public accountability”, he continued.Mr Baako admitted that the laws indeed stipulate that an account be rendered to parliament and the Auditor General,but  announcing it to the public should not be a “big deal” and the minister loses nothing if he announces it.“Indeed the laws say it should be made known to parliament and Auditor General, what was the big deal in just announcing it to the public especially when questions were being asked. Saying that he will not discuss it created unnecessary and needless suspicion.Mr Baako also expressed disappointment at the minister’s lack of information on the company which sponsored some 500 supporters to watch the final match between Ghana and Ivory Coast. The minister had said he was not interested in knowing the company that sponsored the trip to Equatorial Guinea although he was aware of it.He was aware of the presence of the supporters and what he should have done was to direct the journalist to who sponsored the trip even if he did not want to say it himself, Mr Baako noted.Meanwhile the Sports Minister has disclosed that that government approved about GH₵17.9million to fund Ghana’s participation in the AFCON 2015 event in Equatorial Guinea.He revealed the figures while taking questions on the floor of Parliament Wednesday.last_img read more

Around Whittier

first_imgOfficials said the boy was reported missing at about 7:30 a.m. Charity breakfast to benefit veterans SANTA FE SPRINGS – Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3752, at 11912 Rivera Rd., will host a fundraiser breakfast from 9 a.m. to noon Sunday. Tickets for the breakfast are $4 per plate. All proceeds will benefit local veterans’ programs. A variety of foods – including eggs, hash browns, menudo and chile verde – will be available to guests. For more information, call (562) 698-9059. Hillview to mark 50th anniversary WHITTIER – Hillview Middle School is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year with a special event slated for 6:30 p.m. Feb. 22 in the school’s multipurpose room, 10931 Stamy Road. Honorary service awards will be given to students, and the school’s band will perform during the celebration. School alumni and former and current staff are also expected to attend. For more information, call (562) 946-7446. Federal employee meeting planned WHITTIER – The National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees, Chapter 333, will meet at 11 a.m. Feb. 22 at the Palm Park Activity Center, 5703 Palm Ave. A representative from the Whittier Historical Society will speak on the history of Whittier. Visitors are encouraged to bring a sack lunch; dessert and beverages will be provided. For more information, call Chuck Carlson at (562) 695-2126. Hispanic group to give out awards WHITTIER – Whittier’s Hispanic Outreach Taskforce (HOT) will honor Dionicio Morales, founder of the Mexican American Opportunity Foundation, and producer Moctezuma Esparza at HOT’s 13th annual Positive Image Awards and scholarship banquet, to be held at 6 p.m. March 1 at the Omni Hotel, 251 S. Olive St., Los Angeles. For tickets, or for more information, call (562) 789-0550. City offering discount bus fares PICO RIVERA – Frequent bus riders are reminded that the city offers MTA or Montebello Bus Line tickets and passes at a discount price. MTA’s monthly bus pass can be purchased for $3 for residents with disabilities, for $7 for seniors and for $13 for college students. Pico Rivera students who use the Montebello Bus Line can purchase a ticket booklet good for 20, one-way bus rides for $6. Bus passes are available at the Parks and Recreation Building, 6767 Passons Blvd., during business hours, and seniors may obtain theirs at the Pico Rivera Senior Center, 9200 Mines Ave. For more information, call (562) 801-4430. – From staff reports160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! PICO RIVERA – An 11-year-old boy who on Wednesday was reported missing from his Burke Street home was found within hours after his family notified authorities. Deputies from the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department’s Pico Rivera station said they found the boy, unharmed, at 10 a.m. near the railroad tracks along Passons Boulevard. “He was just upset,” said sheriff’s Sgt. Della Walls. “He wasn’t mad at his parents. He was mad at his school.” Walls said she did not know which school the boy attends. She described the boy as a “very bright student” and noted he “was just stressed out.” last_img read more