In their first game back since the break, the Clippers’ slide continued as they lost their fourth consecutive game, 115-90 to the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday night at Staples Center. Nine months ago, the Clippers took the Suns to Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals. On Tuesday, the Suns took them to school. The Clippers would like to think the All-Star break gave them a chance to regroup and come back ready to turn around their disappointing season. Unfortunately for them, things aren’t quite that easy in this difficult season. The Suns made the fourth quarter irrelevant, going up 92-68 after three quarters. They led by 17 at halftime – 14 in the first quarter – and Steve Nash returned from a four-game absence and often made the Clippers’ defense look silly. “They didn’t make it look worse than it was,” the Clippers’ Elton Brand said. “That’s how bad it was.” Nash didn’t play in the fourth quarter, but had 13 points and 12 assists. He had eight points and seven assists in the first quarter, when the Suns shot 77.8 percent from the field. Shawn Marion finished with 31 points and nine rebounds, and by the second half the Clippers basically had no chance. Cuttino Mobley (strained groin) and Chris Kaman (flu) were out, and no one made up for their absence enough to make it competitive. Sam Cassell, in particular, was nowhere to be found. In the second half he did not play at all, and finished with two points. Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said he had an abdominal strain, but if the game got close, he could have reinserted him. Corey Maggette had 19 points and seven rebounds, and Brand added 17 points. The only Clipper who had significantly more production than normal was second-year guard Daniel Ewing, who scored 16 points. Though they continue to struggle and with the trade deadline approaching Thursday, the Clippers are not expected to make a move, even though Maggette’s name is a common part of rumors. “I don’t see us making any deals,” Dunleavy said. “Obviously, every team should be looking for anything with potential that could help you. But I don’t see anything on the horizon.” Maggette is likely to stay, even though he has called out Dunleavy on what he sees as misuse of the small forward. “We’ve been talking about this since last year and now this year,” Maggette said. “It is what it is. The best thing I can do is go out there and play and play to the ability I can. Like I said, I’ll let (management) handle the business aspect, and I’ll play basketball.” [email protected] (562) 499-1338 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!